LEGAL CONSULTANCY SaaS - B2B
We are aiming for behavior change, making this product a Behavior Change Support System. A type of product I love working on as a researcher with a psychology background.
The proposed BCSS is mainly aiming to form a new behavior in the user’s routine, that will partially replace an old one.
Our system focuses on helping users, SMBs, who need advice on legal matters. Its legal solutions offer SMBs a complete legal practice management. Its SaaS-based package offers solutions for practice administration, including invoicing and accounting, topic management, including automated customized legal forms, and legal research by practice areas, cases, and matters. Currently, these SMBs phone their legal consultants for small equations or generic legal problems. For this service, they also pay the consultant monthly, to keep them on a retainer. This e-consultancy module allows SMBs to get an answer to their question with a very small monthly subscription and also manage their legal operations, control costs, gain visibility into projects and reduce company risk.
The main result that this BCSS would help the user to achieve could be formulated as such: user will incorporate this online legal consultancy into their business routine = will have at least 1 session a week + in two months will be able to satisfy at least 20% of their legal queries with the online module + will continue doing this for at least a year.
RESEARCH OBJECTIVES & METHODOLOGY
One of the main aspects of BCSS is that it helps people to achieve desired behavior without forcing or deception and building this type of system is the main focus of this project. For that reason, we approached the foundational research as a means to understand SMB's existing behaviors, attitudes, motivators, pain points, and detractors.
The RITE method (Rapid Iterative Testing and Evaluation):
Starting from the 1st user interview, designers were also in collaboration with me in synthesizing the research. They started working on the 1st prototypes, so right after the foundational research phase, we were able to conduct the Design Research. Throughout the Design Research we continued to work on the prototypes and almost every participant experienced a new iteration.
Generative Research Goals:
- Understand our target personas' workflow when seeking legal advice.
- Understand the layers of validation & feedback our persona needs in order to be satisfied with the advice.
- Understand how the lawyers communicate and advise SMBs.
Design Research Goals:
- Understand whether the users need the system to be active at all times.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and discoverability of user interactions within key value tables, left navigation bar, search bar, and filter functions.
- Evaluating proposed task flows and information visualization.
- The more you engage stakeholders in every stage of the research process, the more they are willing to act upon your findings
- Individual 1:1s with Leads before the team-wide research readouts help getting buy-in.
One Feature (query) being prioritized.
A number of features are being put on hold.
Gave way to new strategies and way-of-working across the organisation.
Through collaboration, designers were able to quickly relay feedback from research and incorporate it into the prototype - Agile!
The organization has a deep understanding of its target users. And this foundational knowledge guides their product development to this day.
The evaluative (design) research has paved the way for their MVP.